The promoter of the “Become a Qube designer” promotion referred to in these promotional terms as the “Promotion” is Platform Inspiration Limited (the “Promoter”).
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. The start date is 00:00 BST on 01 October 2015 and the closing date is 23:59 on 30 December 2015. Please note that this closing time and date will be strictly applied.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open to anyone aged 18 years and resident in the UK only, who correctly enters the Promotion as set out in section 4 below, but excludes:
Employees of the Promoter and their respective families (and persons residing at the same residential address as such persons); and the Promoter’s service providers, agents and anyone professionally associated with the Promotion.
3. No purchase required. An entrant can enter the Promotion more than once, although each entry must be unique. Any duplicate entries will be excluded.
4. HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION. An entrant shall comply with all entry instructions. To enter, an entrant needs to complete and submit the online submission form (the “Submission Form”) with the following:
One SET of five Qube designs (jpeg and/or pdf file format) that depicts his/her own design for the Qube (“Submitted Design”);
his/her full name;
county of residence within the UK; and
his/her email address.
5. Without prejudice to the rest of this section 5, an entrant is entirely responsible for the content of his/her Submission Form (including, but not limited to, the Submitted Design) and if it is not compliant with these promotional terms, as determined in the Promoter’s sole discretion, it will be excluded from entry in the Promotion.
Entries will be excluded from the Promotion if, in the Promoter’s discretion, the material in a Submission Form:
Is not entirely the entrant’s original work or otherwise infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party;
fails to meet all the requirements of section 4 above;
Contains viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive elements; and/or
Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate.
6. SELECTION OF EACH WINNER AND NOTIFICATION. The winner will be selected as follows (although please note that the Promoter may declare more than one winner in its absolute discretion):
A panel of judges comprised of employees of the Promoter and at least one independent person will score each of the Submitted Designs based on the subjective criteria of “creativity” and “quality”. If any 2 or more Submitted Designs are awarded the same overall score then the Promoter will declare each of them a winner under the Promotion (there can be more than one winner). Please note that the decision of the panel of judges is final.
Each Submitted Design awarded the highest overall score from the judging panel together with the full name and county of residence of the entrant who submitted it, may be published at the Promoter’s discretion on its website on or around the first business day after the closing date for the Promotion.
Each winner will then be notified by email to the email address he/she entered into his/her Submission Form within 7 days of the closing time and date set out in section 1.
If a winner: (i) does not respond to such email within 7 days; (ii) refuses to accept the prize; (iii) fails to perform his/her obligations under sections 11 and/or 12 within one week of a request from the Promoter to do so; (iv) cannot receive the prize notification email sent to the email address he/she submitted on his/her Submission Form; and/or (v) refuses or is unable to prove his/her eligibility to enter the Promotion as set out in section 2, such winner forfeits all rights to be a winner under the Promotion and/or receive the prize, and if there are no other winner(s) then the entrant whose entry was awarded the next highest overall score from the judging panel will become the winner and will be notified in accordance with this section 6.
7. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. Each winner will receive GBP £50 which shall be paid with a cheque sent in the post to his/her residential address (which each winner shall provide to the Promoter upon notification that he/she is a winner). In addition, each winner will have the kudos of having his/her Submitted Design turned into a Qube featured on the Promoter’s website
8. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for any of the prizes. Each prize is non-negotiable and non-transferable.
9. AUTHORISATION FOR THE USE OF THE ENTRANT’S NAME AND COUNTY OF RESIDENCE IN THE UK.
Upon entry into the Promotion, an entrant expressly authorises the Promoter to use for no charge his/her first name, last name and county of residence, in connection with the Promotion (including, but not limited to, publication on the Promoter’s website
10. LICENCE AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. An entrant warrants that his/her Submitted Design is his/her own original work and that it will not infringe on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person. Upon participation in the Promotion, an entrant grants the Promoter and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, translate and display his/her Submitted Design (in whole or in part) in its publications and on its websites.
11. In consideration of becoming a winner and receiving the prize, each winner must fully and irrevocably assign with full title guarantee all intellectual property rights in (including all rights to exploit) the Submitted Design to the Promoter. Each winner shall at the Promoter’s cost execute and sign all such documents and do all such acts and things as may reasonably be required by him/her to enable the Promoter or its nominee to enjoy the full benefit of the intellectual property rights assigned under this section 11. The Promoter will become the owner (including but not limited to any and all intellectual property rights) of each winner’s Submitted Design. As stated in section 6, if a winner fails to comply with this section 11 then he/she forfeits all rights to be a winner under the Promotion and/or receive the prize.
12. PUBLICITY. By participating in the Promotion, an entrant agrees to co-operate in all advertising, marketing and publicity material and activities which the Promoter may, at its expense, produce or arrange and agrees to sign, if requested, an irrevocable release form allowing the Promoter, without any compensation being payable, to use his/her name, details of the county where he/she lives, any comments made by or attributed to him/her, and to incorporate any such information in any audio/visual recording or broadcast for such promotional purposes, in any media, throughout the world.
13. THE PROMOTER’S LIABILITY. Except that the Promoter does not exclude or limit its liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, by law, be limited or excluded, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment arising out of or in connection with an entrant’s participation (or inability to participate) in the Promotion, including without limitation any use made by each winner of (or inability to use) the prize, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
14. The Promoter’s determination and decision on all matters will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Any dispute or situation not covered by these promotional terms will be resolved by the Promoter’s management in a manner it deems to be the fairest to all concerned.
15. APPLICABLE LAWS. The Promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
16. If any part of these promotional terms is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all
other parts of these promotional terms shall be unaffected and shall remain in force.
17. DATA PROTECTION. By entering the Promotion, an entrant is providing his/her personal data to the Promoter as data controller. The personal data which an entrant provides will be used exclusively by the Promoter for the sole purpose of administrating the Promotion.
18. WINNER LIST. Each winner (name and county only) of the Promotion may be obtained by sending a self-addressed envelope to:
” Become a Qube designer Challenge”
Platform Inspiration Limited
27 Hamilton Avenue, Ilford, Essex IG6 1AE.
19. The promoter of the Promotion is Platform Inspiration Limited. Treviot House, 186-192 High Road, Ilford, Essex IG1 1LR4. Any queries and comments should be directed in writing to:
Platform Inspiration Limited
27 Hamilton Avenue, Ilford, Essex IG6 1AE.
CLOSING DATE: 30 December 2015.